Kobe loses McDonald’s

Slicksno.com - Kobe BryantThe Associated Press reported that Kobe Bryant has lost his sponsorship deal with McDonald’s, while his sexual assault case proceeds in Colorado.

McDonald’s said Monday that it’s three-year deal with Bryant, a guard for the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers, expired on December 31 and would not be renewed.

“It would be inappropriate to comment or speculate at this time about any future sponsorship relationship,” spokesman Bill Whitman said.

Last year, Ferrero of Italy, the maker of Nutella chocolate spread, chose to end their association with Bryant.

It’s no surprise that McDonald’s is giving Bryant the boot. Last summer his good-guy image took a big hit when he was accused by a 19 year-old woman of sexual assault. Bryant, who is married, said the sex was consensual.